Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

The Waiting Game

Today we got the call that Open Door has received our application and our life books!!  The coordinator let us know that everything looks fine so they will begin passing out the lifebooks to their social workers across the state on Monday!

At each phase of this process, we feel relieved, excited and blessed to be moving forward.  We are getting closer and closer to meeting our baby!  Although it seems like we are perpetually waiting to hear that we have moved forward to the next step, the process in its entirety has really gone pretty quickly.  Just three months ago we were sitting with a social worker to begin our home study.  We are now (prayerfully) just months away from becoming a family of three!

As we wait to hear that we have been matched with a birthmother, there are many things on my mental to-do list.  I want to be purposeful about enjoying this last bit of time with Jonathan as a young married couple without children.  I want to seek the Lord's wisdom about transitioning to the role of being a mom.  I want to continue daydreaming over little baby clothes and shoes (that one won't be too hard). 

And finally, I need...or maybe just want...to get Jonathan on my side when it comes to baby names :)


4 comments:

  1. Finally, I am able to comment! I am so overjoyed for you and Jonathan. I have been praying for you both so much and I am SO excited for you that it brings me to tears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for my little grandson or grand daughter! Waiting until he or she joins you and Jonathan and the whole family! Trusting the goodness of the Lord in all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting news! I will be praying for all three of you, Moll! And I will think about little baby things too when you find out if you will have a son or daughter! :) When will you find out? I am not sure what the process is . . . So encouraging to read about your faith and patience. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much!

    Amber - we will hopefully find out the gender once we have been matched with a birthmom. The birthmothers in the Open Door Agency program are given life books of potential adoptive parents to look at once they are at least 7 months along. Once they have chosen a family, we will hopefully be able to find out the gender of the baby and start planning our trip to GA! :)

    ReplyDelete